Did you know 88% of minor burns occur at home, but 90% of burns sufferers don’t know how to treat a burn correctly?1
Burnaid® is proud to sponsor the National Burns Awareness Month, an initiative of the Julian Burton Burns Trust.
All you need to remember, is:
- Remove yourself from danger.
- Remove any clothing / or jewellery from the affected area to allow effective cooling of the burn.
- Cool the burn under cool running water for 20 minutes.
- If clean running water is not available use a hydrogel such as Burnaid® gel.
- Do not use ice, butter, toothpaste, creams or ointments as these may make the burn worse.
- Cover with a hydrogel such as Burnaid® to help relieve the pain.
- Cover with a clean dressing.
What can you do to support the National Burns Awareness Month
Share the 3 simple steps for correct first aid with your family and friends
Tweet to raise awareness of the National Burns Awareness Month @BurnsAwareMonth #BurnsAwareness
Visit www.burnstrust.com.au to learn more
1. U&A study Galkal June 2015 of Australian adults.