MAINTAINING A HEALTHY INTIMATE AREA
The role of probiotics and prebiotics for a healthy intimate area
Beneficial organisms, commonly known as probiotics, are essential to the protection of your intimate area’s microenvironment.
What are probiotics?
Beneficial organisms that call our bodies home.
Under healthy conditions, probiotics in your intimate area environment can maintain optimal pH balance, support and restore immune functions and prevent unfriendly organisms from thriving.
What are prebiotics?
Nutrients or ingredients that promote the growth and health of probiotics. They are required to help increase the number of probiotics, which then help to reduce the number of unfriendly organisms.
What do beneficial organisms do?
- Stimulate your immune system to fight infection
- Prevent the growth of unfriendly organisms, ensuring an optimal intimate area pH
- Protect your intimate area microenvironment from unfriendly organisms
What do unfriendly organisms cause?
- Discomforts in the intimate area
- Compete with beneficial organisms for the limited nutrients available, increasing your intimate areas pH to above 4.5
- Create an unfavourable intimate microenvironment by displacement of beneficial organisms
How can I promote the growth of these beneficial organisms?
To ensure a healthy intimate area, you should use a feminine wash that contains prebiotics to:
- Promote the growth of beneficial organisms and prevent unfriendly organisms from multiplying
- Provide nourishment for probiotics for better intimate area health
- Protect you against feminine discomfort
All mundicare® Intimate Washes are specially formulated with prebiotics to support your intimate area’s natural pH balance.